Start Conversations (teens)
What if someone you know has experienced things like?:
- Unwanted touch
- Revenge porn
- Sexual abuse
- Sexual harassment
- Violent treatment by their partner (this can be physical and/or emotional)
- Being forced or pushed to do things they don’t want to
- Being blamed for being a victim (victim blaming)
- Being isolated or controlled by their partner
- Other types of sexual violence
Note: These are all forms of sexual violence.
How can you get a conversation going in order to offer help?
After the conversation has started, here’s some ideas on what to say.
Some content adapted from Love is Respect, Break the Cycle, A Call to Men, Healthy Teen Network, National Sexual Violence Resource Center, Not On My Watch, Planned Parenthood, Scarleteen, A Thin Line.