TRAININGPREA: Investigating Sexual Abuse and Sexual Harassment in Confinement
Two Day Training Presented by the New Mexico Coalition of Sexual Assault Programs, Inc. and The National PREA Resource Center!
Optional Day 3 (invitation only) — Train the Trainer Session
January 8 – 9, 2020
January 10, 2020 will be a Train the Trainer session — by Invitation ONLY (see details below)
8:30am – 5:00pm
Holiday Inn & Suites at I-25/Jefferson – 5050 Jefferson Street NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109
• Free registration
• Up to two nights hotel reimbursement if traveling 50 miles or more to Albuquerque (scholarships available*)
• 1 round trip mileage reimbursement (for personal vehicles ONLY) if traveling 50 miles or more to Albuquerque (scholarships available*)
• Eligible Participants*: Adult County Detention Center Investigators and PREA Coordinators, Juvenile County Detention Center Investigators and PREA Investigators, CYFD/JJS Investigators and PREA Coordinators, NMDOC Investigators and PREA Coordinator
• County Detention Center Investigators will have priority for scholarships.
• PREA 101
• First Responders – Evidence Collection
• Legal – Civil – Criminal
• Report Writing
• Investigating Sexual Harassment
NATIONAL PRESENTERS (Review Presenter Bios here: National Presenter Bios)
• Linda McFarlane, Just Detention International Deputy Executive Director (bio)
• Jeff Shorba, Minnesota State Court Administrator, PREA Resource Center Consultant (bio)
• Deb Wienard, PREA Coordinator Minnesota DOC, PREA Resource Center Consultant (bio)
**For the Train the Trainer session — You must also attend January 8-9, 2020. Train the Trainer session is by invitation ONLY. Application form specific to January 10. 2020 session must be completed and submitted to Carla: APPLICATION – Train the Trainer Session 1/10/20 – see application for details.
Limited seating of 60 participants for day 1 and 2 day. Attendees must attend both days. Those that are interested and selected for day 3 train the trainer must attend all 3 days and agree to all requirements listed on form. Approximately 20 reimbursement scholarships available for up to 2 nights hotel and one round trip mileage for personal vehicles ONLY. Approximately 8 reimbursement scholarships for up to 3 nights hotel and one round trip mileage for personal vehicles ONLY.
Room block available at: Holiday Inn & Suites | 5050 Jefferson St NE | Albuquerque, NM 87109 | (505) 944-2222 or online: Book online @ Holiday Inn & Suite $96/night with GROUP CODE NMC
Questions? Contact: Carla Gallegos-Ortega by email or by phone: 505-883-8020 | Toll-free 888-883-8020
“This project was supported by subgrant 2019-WF-625 awarded by the NMCVRC for the STOP Formula Grant Program and the PREA Resource Center. The opinions, findings, conclusions and recommendations expressed in the publication/program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the NMCVRC, the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women, or the PREA Resource Center.”