Contract Manager/Administrative Support (printable job posting: NMCSAP_JobPosting_ContractMgr_092019)
Develop new sub-contracts and manage new and existing sub-contracts with service providers throughout New Mexico (sexual assault service providers, children’s advocacy centers, etc.). Verify and submit all sub-contract invoices for payment. Prepare consolidated progress reports and statistics. Position requires adherence to strict federal and state contractual and fiscal requirements. Assist Coalition team with office support (answer phones, prepare mailing, etc. – these are joint duties shared among the Coalition team). Technical writing proficiency, ability to work with a team, superb communication skills are necessary.
To educate, support and advocate on behalf of all New Mexicans regarding all aspects of sexual violence in New Mexico, including: anti-oppression, the incidence and prevalence of sexual violence, social determinants, health outcomes, and evidence-based legal and programmatic intervention, treatment, and primary prevention of sexual violence. This mission is designed for the purpose of affecting a reduction in the statewide incidence and prevalence of sexual violence.
Contract Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Administer NMCSAP’s Office on Violence Against Women (OVW) Sexual Assault Services Programs (SASP) Formula Fund, soliciting & funding statewide entities who propose eligible project activities (intervention, advocacy, accompaniment, support services & related assistance to NM primary/secondary adult/youth/child victims of sexual victimization).
Administer NMCSAP’s CYFD CAC fund by following prescribed funding formulas to fund eligible New Mexican children’s advocacy centers.
• Develop and disseminate requests for proposals
• Provide a pre-proposal webinar to encourage proposal submission by new agencies
• Convene and facilitate proposal review committees
• Develop subcontracts
• Monitor subgrantee fiscal & programmatic activities
• Receive, review, approve and submit subcontractor and administrator reports to funders
• Monitor subcontract expenditures to ensure compliance to approved budgets and Scope of Work activities required in individual subcontracts
• Provide day-to-day sub-grantee technical assistance (TA), to include the following:
• Award notification, subcontract development & execution following funder requirements
• Create sub-grantee progress & financial report forms/templates
• Collect and submit performance measures
• Collect backup documentation for each expense, to include timesheet/paystub/receipt copies
• Review invoices for adherence and submit for reimbursement
• During contract development, determine allowable expenses and/or activities, or seek guidance/approval from funders
• Consult with NMCSAP Director of SAS and Executive Director to address technical assistance needs and monitor programmatic progress of sub-grantees
Essential Skills and Abilities
• Excellent project management skills with experience in managing and supervising administrative projects
• Strong command over written and verbal communication
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
• Good understanding of NMCSAP’s overall business and its objectives
• Possess good knowledge of planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues
• Ability to perform in cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities
• Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting
• A multi-tasker with strong ability to work under pressure
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail
• Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and Internet. Significant experiencing using Excel and Word are required.
Education and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and three (3) years direct, related experience, preferably working in a nonprofit capacity. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted as long as it directly relates to the essential duties and responsibilities.
• Ability to travel within the state with own means of transportation required.
• Current Valid NM Driver’s License
• Must undergo local, state, and federal criminal background checks. Convictions do not necessarily disqualify an applicant.
• Salary range of $45,000 to $60,000 commensurate with education and experience.
• Full-Time = 30 hours per week
• Reports to: Executive Director of the New Mexico Coalition of Sexual Assault Programs (NMCSAP)
Work Site: NMCSAP Office at 3909 Juan Tabo Blvd, NE, Suite 6 Albuquerque, NM 87111
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Contractor may perform other related duties as deemed necessary by the NMCSAP Executive Director and funders.
To Apply: Submit Cover Letter of Interest, Resume, Writing Sample and 3 References to Executive Director, Kim Alaburda, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
This position is open Sept. 12, 2019 until filled. First round of interviews is expected to occur during the week of September 23rd, 2019.